- This event has passed.
Self & Other: Conscious Relationship Workshop, Calgary, AB
February 24, 2018 @ 10:00 am - February 25, 2018 @ 12:00 pm
Join Dharma Teachers Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat for a weekend workshop in Calgary on the art of relationships and spiritual awakening.
How do we enrich our personal and professional relationships?
We will explore who we are alone, who we are with others, and how we can love and interact with authenticity, honesty and growth.
We will explore relationships through the stages that shape them:
- The start of relationships – why & how people meet and get together in the first place;
- Being together – how habits can both help and hinder communication;
- The endings or transformations – how we can channel the challenges of relationship to move forward into learning, be it together or apart.
- Learn how to develop and hold a strong awareness of yourself even while in relationship.
- Gain tools to help you pay attention to the major patterns in our relationships.
- Learn how to replace unhelpful or destructive relationship habits with positive ones.
- Learn how to leverage the relationships in your life for the greatest growth for all involved
Location: Human Potential 360, Inglewood: 1231 9th Avenue SE – Second Floor FEBRUARY 24 & 25 10am-12pm
About the Teachers
Achariya Doug Duncan has been teaching the Buddhist path to awakening for over three decades. Known for his direct and compassionate engagement with students, Doug embraces the full spectrum of the various traditions he employs in order to mentor beings to a more awakened state. His great sense of humour, caring attitude and sometimes very direct involvement makes him an effective catalyst for opening the shadow, for very practical application of the teachings, for humorous and gentle relief when tensions mount and through a diverse range of explorations expands the teachings to include all aspects of life.
Catherine Pawasarat began her spiritual practices in earnest in her early 20s, when she struggled to make sense of personal suffering and international environmental and social justice challenges. She has trained daily with Acariya Doug Duncan since 1998 in an intensive spiritual apprenticeship that is rare in the modern West. Since the early 2000s Catherine has provided dharma training and taught the path of awakening to hundreds of students, together with Doug and on her own. In addition to Buddhist philosophy and its applications to daily life, Catherine also draws on generative living (a.k.a. sustainability) and the arts. With Doug she is co-founder of Clear Sky Retreat Center in the BC Rockies and Planet Dharma, and a lineage holder for these teachings.
Fees: Dāna + Admin Fee
These teachings are offered by Doug & Catherine Sensei as a form of Dāna (traditional generosity giving) and likewise, attendees are asked to reciprocate generously to the teachers. There will be a Dāna bowl available at the foyer of the Dharma Hub for you to give your offering. More information: Dāna Guidelines and Practice
For more details Contact Ruth Levin, 587-327-0207
Payment: Admin fee- $30/day or $50 for the weekend
Drop in Fee (for one class)