What lies at the core of your being? What if you dared to look all the way inside?
Teachings on emptiness and the void are fundamental to the Buddhist understanding of reality. Like ‘Dzogchen’ and ‘Mahamudra’, some of the most profound practices are centred on the direct experience of the void. These practices are ultimately freeing on the deepest level but are often also terrifying to our limited selves. How can you begin to approach and understand the healing power of emptiness, even with challenges like distracted minds and anxious feelings?
Join Master teacher and best-selling author Doug Duncan Sensei for these weekend teachings where you will learn how to befriend the void, finding healing and connection on the deepest level possible.
Here’s what you can expect from the classes:
- Discover or deepen your understanding about what Buddhists mean when they talk about Emptiness/ The Void and what this experience can do for you
- Gain tools to deepen your comfort and skill at experiencing Emptiness and the benefits that come from this (greater calm, joy, compassion and ease)
- Learn how this one skill can enhance every other skill in your life
- Learn how to practice and leverage these ancient, powerful teachings, even in the midst of your busy, modern life
- Saturday, November 24th- 10am-noon
- Sunday, November 25th- 10am-noon
*Please arrive 15 minutes early as class will start promptly at 10am.
About the Teacher
Achariya Doug Duncan has been teaching the Buddhist path to awakening for over three decades. Known for his direct and compassionate engagement with students, Doug embraces the full spectrum of the various traditions he employs in order to mentor beings to a more awakened state. His great sense of humour, caring attitude and sometimes very direct involvement makes him an effective catalyst for opening the shadow, for very practical application of the teachings, for humorous and gentle relief when tensions mount and through a diverse range of explorations expands the teachings to include all aspects of life.
Fees: Dāna + Admin Fee
These teachings are offered by Doug Sensei as a form of Dāna (traditional generosity giving) and likewise, attendees are asked to reciprocate generously to the teachers. There will be a Dāna bowl available at the foyer of the Dharma Hub for you to give your offering or you can use the button below to give your offering electronically. More information: Dāna Guidelines and Practice.
Dāna for Doug & Catherine:
There is also a Dharma Hub Administration Fee* of $30/session or $50 for the whole weekend. (Please note that this fee does not go to the teachers but helps cover the costs to bring the teachers to Calgary, including transportation and accommodation.)